A simple answer to how you can lose weight is by losing calories more than you consume. Calorie deficit may in turn aids in weight loss. There are several natural ways that we can follow to lose weight. For that, you need to follow the right diet plan. Let’s check out some ways by which you can lose your weight naturally at home.
Natural diet plan for weight loss
Some of the healthy foods that you must incorporate in your daily meal plan for reducing weight are listed below.
Eggs are popular and healthy food items that you can have during breakfast or lunch. They may help in promoting weight loss.
You can start your day by eating oatmeal. Oatmeal contains vital nutrients like protein, fiber, and also a lesser amount of calories. This aids in weight loss.
- Nuts and seeds
Nuts and seeds like cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, etc. contain a high amount of fiber and protein. Hence eating nuts and seeds can help in reducing body weight, cholesterol level, and blood sugar. You can eat a handful of nuts in the form of a snack.
- Cruciferous vegetables
You should also include cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and sprouts in your daily diet plan. Eating a healthy sprout salad before lunch or dinner, or a vegetable chaat during an evening snack can turn out to be helpful for weight loss.
Eat more pulses like beans, chickpeas, lentils, and peas. Pulses contain soluble fiber that helps in solving digestion problems and also influences weight loss. You can also eat roasted chickpeas in the form of a weight loss-friendly snack item.
Fiber fruits like berries also promote weight loss. A bowl of raspberries or blackberries offers around 8 g of fiber. You can mix berries with oatmeal, yogurt, or salads and eat it.
Apart from dieting, it is recommended that one should exercise daily since it is a key part of natural weight loss.
Some of the best home-based exercises for natural weight loss are listed below:
- Walking is proved to be one of the easiest and best exercises for beginners. You can walk anywhere and anytime. Aim to walk for 20 minutes for the first four weeks. With time you can increase the duration of your walks as you become more fit and healthy. YOUTUBE LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujGr3nrZfvQ
- High knees exercise is a type of exercise that you can do at home. You can do this by jogging in place for 1 minute and by lifting each knee as high as you can. YOUTUBE LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDdkytliOqE
- You can also do Calf Raises. In this type of exercise, you need to face a wall and place your palms against it for support. Now rise onto your toes and then back down. Repeat this 10 times. YOUTUBE LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7qnbmpLNGI
- Jumping jacks is another type of weight loss exercisethat targets the whole body. Stand straight with your feet together. Now, widen your feet and jump while raising your arms above your head. Do it for at least one minute. YOUTUBE LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4DAnQ6DtF8
- You can also do squat jumps. Arms should be in front of the chest for balance. Now, bend your knees like you are going into a squat position, then jump straight up and swing arms overhead. Again return to squat. Do it at least 20 times. YOUTUBE LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4s4mEQ5VqU
Some of the benefits of exercise are listed below:
- Exercise along with diet aids in controlling weight as well as in preventing obesity. Exercise helps in burning calories and thus prevents weight gain.
- Exercise strengthens your heart rate and also improves blood circulation. This increased blood circulation decreases the risk of heart diseases like high cholesterol, coronary artery disease, etc.
- During exercise, your body releases chemicals that enhance your mood and helps you to feel relaxed and refreshed. This reduces the risk of depression and stress.
- If you exercise regularly, your bones and muscles get stronger.
- Regular exercise also decreases the risk of cancer, insomnia, and regulates your blood sugar level.
Natural Weight Loss Tips
- Start your day by eating a heavy breakfast. Several studies have suggested that eating a meal in the morning stimulates your metabolism rate, and people who eat a good breakfast in the morning tend to lose weight quicker.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated throughout the day. Some studies have suggested if you drink water half an hour before your meals, it will increase your chances of weight loss.
- Fruits are rich in several nutrients like vitamins, fiber, and are low in calories. Thus fruits are one of the best options for weight loss.
- Avoid sugary drinks since it not only increases the risk of obesity but also brings in other types of diseases like diabetes and heart diseases.
- Chew your food slowly. If you eat quickly, you might end up eating more than your stomach’s capacity. If you eat your meals slowly, it will not only reduce the amount of food you eat but also lead to weight loss.
- Drink Green tea twice a day. Green tea not only increases your metabolism rate but also enhances weight loss.
- Eating a high protein meal can reduce your hunger, boosts metabolism, and gives strength to your body. It also helps with weight loss.
- Get good quality sleep every day. Poor sleep can indirectly lead to weight gain.
- Avoid eating oily foods and alcohol at a party. Eat a healthy salad before you attend a party. Salad will keep you full and prevent you from eating unhealthy snacks. This will reduce your calorie intake and also aids you in weight loss.
- Avoid elevators and use the stairs. You can also do some weight loss exercisesat home that are listed above in the article. This will burn your calories regularly and lead to weight loss.
How fast will you Lose Weight?
The more weight one has to lose, the faster one will lose it. You will lose around 5 to 10 pounds after a week of the natural diet plan. Initially, you might feel a bit strange but with the time you will get used to it. After some days, you will feel more energetic. Apart from weight loss, a natural weight loss diet plan may improve blood pressure, regulates blood sugar level, reduces bad cholesterol, and increases good cholesterol.
Diet Chart you have to follow to Reduce Weight Loss Naturally
Follow the points listed below if you want to reduce weight naturally.
- Drink two glasses of lukewarm lemon water with a tbsp. of honey daily in the morning (around 6 am to 7 am).
- Wait for some time and then have breakfast. Eat a heavy breakfast like a plate of vegetable poha/brown rice idlis/paneer sandwich along with a bowl of curd/fruit juice (without sugar).
- Have a late morning snack in the form of fresh fruits (apple/guava/watermelon).
- Eat a healthy salad before you move on to lunch.
- In lunch (around 2 pm) you can have one chapati with mixed vegetable curry/chicken gravy and a cup of skimmed milk curd.
- Drink a cup of tea (preferably green tea) in the evening without any sugar.
- Again eat a bowl of vegetable salad before you move on to dinner
- For dinner, you can eat Khichdi/chapatti/veg paratha with raita or moong dal
Apart from following a natural diet plan and doing weight loss exercises, you also need to avoid junk foods if you want to prevent weight gain.