Aloe vera is a popular plant that has thick leaves and is known for its medicinal properties. This plant is used for decades for its healing properties. But apart from that, aloe vera can help in strengthening your hair and also makes your scalp healthier. One of the advantages of rubbing aloe vera into your scalp and hair is that it seeps into your hair follicles, conditions, and improve damaged as well as dry hair. Allow the gel to sit for one hour and then rinse it off with a mild shampoo to get effective results.
Read this article to know more about the uses and benefits of aloe vera for hair.
Aloe vera for Hair
Aloe vera is filled with nutrients like vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and fatty acids. These nutrients are extremely essential for hair growth.
Some of the uses and benefits of the aloe vera plant for your hair are listed below:
- Aloe vera has the potential to increase blood circulation in any area. Hence, when you apply aloe vera gel/shampoo on your hair, the blood flow on your scalp increases. When you clean your scalp and condition your hair with aloe vera gel/shampoo, you will see that your hair breakage, as well as hair loss, will slow down.
- Aloe vera contains proteolytic enzymes like copper and zinc which helps in repairing dead skin cells on the scalp.
- Aloe vera shampoos deeply cleanse the hair follicle and eliminate the extra sebum and residue that were present in other hair products you have applied before.
- Aloe vera contains vitamins A, C, and E. These three vitamins shed dead skin cells, promote younger cell growth, and results in smooth and shiny hair.
- Owing to the high vitamin content, aloe vera also helps in repairing the damage done to your hair because of the sun, pollutants, and other environmental factors.
- Seborrheic dermatitis is another term for dandruff which leads to itchy scalp and flaking skin under your hair. Aloe Vera can also be used in treating Seborrheic dermatitis.
- Aloe Vera Plant contains fatty acids that have anti-inflammatory properties. This helps in solving the scalp inflammation that occurs due to dandruff.
- Aloe vera gel contains components like Vitamin B-12 and folic acid which reduces hair fall.
- Since aloe vera gel has high water content, it acts as a humectant and gives you a healthy-looking hair. Apart from this, it hydrates your dry scalp and seals the moisture, thereby leaves your hair soft and luscious.
- Aloe vera acts as a natural hair conditioner and turns your frizzy hair into a soft and smooth one.
- Aloe vera also helps in keeping your hair cuticles closed and holds on to the natural oils in your scalp. This makes your hair tresses beautiful.
- Owing to its antifungal, antibacterial, and healing properties, aloe vera helps in reducing fungal infections on your scalp that leads to dandruff.
- Aloe vera consists of amino acids that encourage shine and strengthen your hair. Owing to this reason, you will be able to achieve glossy and healthy hair in no time.
- You can use aloe vera as a multi-purpose styling product for your hair.
Thus, we can conclude that aloe vera is good for your hair. However, it is advised that you should consult your doctor before you start applying aloe vera gel on your hair since it might have some adverse effects on your hair.